Monday, March 31, 2008

Jonah Christopher Parkhill, Grandma's boy


Grandma's boy
Originally uploaded by Through Joanne's eye

My grandson is here!!!, Grandchildren are a gift from God. This is Jonah Christopher Parkhill, my oldest daughter's 1st born. He came into the world March 28th, weighing just 7lbs 1oz. My daughter was surprised at how all the newborn clothes are even big on him. I told her not to worry, he will grow so fast. He is so bright eyed and is so handsome already. It will definitely be a joy to watch him as he grows up, thank God for the internet, I was able to see him hours after he was born, even though we live 674 miles from each other. He already seems as alert as some 2 week old babies, but maybe that is because he was nearly 2 weeks late.

Just looking at him reminds me of when my two girls were newborns, seems like only yesterday when in reality, it was 26 and 21 years ago. Now they are grown and living in different states and so far away.

It will be hard not to be able to see him and spoil him like I would if he lived closer. I guess he will be known by the post office, when he receives packages in the mail from Grandma. I am happy I got a chance to come and visit for his first few days of his life. I am already planning another visit in a couple months.

No comments: